Monday, July 26, 2010

The Nightmare before Christmas in July


The challenge over at The Burtonesque Dolls this past week was/is a play off Christmas in July with The Nightmare before Christmas in July. That of course is totally my thing!

I had so many ideas, But I could not get the image of the man eating wreath out of my head so this is what I came up with. I used Family Treasures Leaf punches in large and small. Free handed the weird eyes and teeth. Added the bow and used $1 stamp from Michael's by Recollections (Merry Christmas). Recollections background paper in Mom's Diner, it looked vintage Christmas to me. Hope you enjoyed it! :)

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! LOVE it! Very creative use of your punches.
    Thanks for playing along with the Dolls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!!! It's awesome! I am now a follower!

    Laura
    www.makinprettythings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! So creative!! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great comments, I am so excited that I won! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! This is GREAT! I love a twisted Christmas theme and this certainly fits the bill! What an awesome card ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ninies, I like this one! sebastian xo I found Tia Tere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking! :)